Stay away from chiropractors!!!

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.

Stay away from chiropractors!!!

Postby Brant » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:46 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this group but all I can say is, stay away from chiropractors!!!! They are the worst liars! The one I was seeing told me my back trouble was because I had one leg shorter than the other and this was causing uneven stress and wear on my back. Just so happens I had to see my doctor today for a routine physical for work so I asked him about it. He assured me that I was perfectly normal and that everybody has one leg longer than the other not to mention one arm is longer than the other and so on. In other words, nobody is perfectly symetrical. He said Chiropractors know this and use it to frighten people into years of unnecessary treatment programs. He told me there was nothing really wrong with my back or my legs and that my back injuries were probably nothing more than minor ligament tears just like Dean says! He gave me a clean bill of health and said I didn't need any chiropractic adjustments! All I can say is if you haven't read Deans book yet do yourself a favor and read it if for no other reason than for your own peace of mind. Take it from me I'll never go to a chiropractor again that's for sure!

Brant
Brant

Postby Bill » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:37 pm

Hi Brant,

Welcome to the group. How does that saying go... "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free..." okay, I know it's out of context, but that's what just popped into my head. 8)

Seems like somebody else posted something a while back about that "short leg scam" that chiros use. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book and I'm surprised they have the nerve to still use it. But then ethics has never been one of their endearing qualities.

Bill
Bill

Postby Paul » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:32 pm

Hi Brant,

Welcome to the group. I agree with Bill. I can't believe chiropractors still use that old "short leg" nonsense. Anyway, at least the doctor said your back was okay and you don't have worry about something being wrong with it.

Paul
Paul

Return to General Health Topics