pain

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

pain

Postby maki » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:16 pm

Dear doc
i have had lower back pain for some time and then the other dayi feel going up the stairs and came back down and i had a sharp pain on my lower back that droperd me and today it still hurts but only on the wright side in a small part but it realy hurst what should i do
maki

Postby Steven » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:00 am

Hi Maki,

I'd say just start with the basic exercises in the book and take your time. If you're pain doesn't go away within a few days you should see a doctor. The pain in your side could be from any number of things. It could be what's known as sciatica, but that is pretty rare. Again, your doctor would be the best person to answer any questions you have about that.

Hope that helps, Steven
Steven

Postby Brant » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:05 pm

Hi, I'm new to this group but I just finished reading the book and I have to agree 100% with Steven. What ever you do Maki, don't go to a chiropractor. I've been there and done that and trust me, it's a waste of time.

Brant
Brant

lower back pain

Postby vi0613 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:07 pm

Brant wrote:Hi, I'm new to this group but I just finished reading the book and I have to agree 100% with Steven. What ever you do Maki, don't go to a chiropractor. I've been there and done that and trust me, it's a waste of time.

Brant
:roll: Hi, I'm new to this site. I have had a bad back for some time now. Every once in a while, it goes out. I have been in pain for almost 3 wks. now. I thought I was getting better with home care, and then the other day, while at work, a very stressful situation came to be, and my back started killing me, so bad that I couldn't get out of the car when I went home. Can stress cause back pain? Thanks Vi Collura
vi0613

Postby Bill » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:44 am

Hi Vi,

Stress seems to add to any condition even a cold or the flu. But I believe that most back pain has a real mechanical cause.

So, if I understand your question correctly, yes, your stress probably made your back injury worse. Did it cause it in the first place? I doubt it but anything is possible.

Nobody really knows for sure, even if they claim they do.

Bill
Bill

Return to Lower Back Pain