Numb toes

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Numb toes

Postby jakatak » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:04 pm

Is it at all possible to have numbness on the bottom of the feet. Specifically, misdiagnosed with neuromas on both feet. Had surgery to remove "them" between second and third toe on right foot, and third and fourth toe on left foot. One day I had foot drop...it went away. Since the surgery...my feet continue to have unusual numbness....that the podiatrist stated would be minor. I have been told I have peripheral neuropathy. I have the usual ankle weakness, but the skin biopsy was negative, as was the EMG. I know that this is too complicated to really go into...I just want to know if toe pain can occur without pain running down the leg.....ie sciatica.
jakatak

Postby Ron » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:52 am

Hi jakatak,

From what I've read here and other places it's possible to have numbness anywhere from the toes on up. There is no predicting where it will occur. It might just be the bottom of the feet or the top of the feet or the knees or whatever. Everybody describes different symptoms.

Seems to me that if you had nerves surgically removed that you would feel numbness. I don't think that would ever go away, but I could be wrong. The doctor should have explained that I would think.

Let us know what you find out. It would be interesting to know.

Ron
Ron

Postby chelsea » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:22 pm

Isn't peripheral neuropathy a result of diabetes? It's nerve damage, so the symptoms might mimic those from a pinched nerve, except that it has nothing to do with back problems.
chelsea

Postby Steven » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi Chelsea,

Peripheral neuropathy can be caused by anything that damages, pinches or irritates a nerve... including spinal injuries, cancer, and various diseases.

Steven
Steven

Return to Lower Back Pain