Spina IDD decompression machines

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

decompression machines

Postby OUCH » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:43 pm

:lol:
I have had a back problem for over 40 years. I am 62. At age 38 a chiro tod my wife that he did not think that I would walk again. I'm still walking..over the years I have gone to several chiro's and they help for a while....On Easter of this year I slipped and out went the back...thought it would heal...nope...three months later, pain still about "7". Checked out an ad about IDD. Visited the Dr. whom utilizes the "Spina" unit. HE had me get an MRI. whow, in bad shape. I have gone thru 5 sessions of IDD and after the first pain dropped to 2. Now after 5 I feel better than have in 25 years. After 10 sessions I will get another MRI to compare. I feel good now, but want the long haul. The cost per session is same as a chiro visit, less envasive and feel better by time I leave the office. If my next MRI shows dramatic improvement...then I say shame on chiro's not using the system.
TIm
OUCH

Re: decompression machines

Postby DrWill » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:19 am

OUCH wrote::lol:
I have had a back problem for over 40 years. I am 62. At age 38 a chiro tod my wife that he did not think that I would walk again. I'm still walking..over the years I have gone to several chiro's and they help for a while....On Easter of this year I slipped and out went the back...thought it would heal...nope...three months later, pain still about "7". Checked out an ad about IDD. Visited the Dr. whom utilizes the "Spina" unit. HE had me get an MRI. whow, in bad shape. I have gone thru 5 sessions of IDD and after the first pain dropped to 2. Now after 5 I feel better than have in 25 years. After 10 sessions I will get another MRI to compare. I feel good now, but want the long haul. The cost per session is same as a chiro visit, less envasive and feel better by time I leave the office. If my next MRI shows dramatic improvement...then I say shame on chiro's not using the system.
TIm

Ouch -

Are you getting a 2nd MRI in the middle of the treatment plan? You arent referring to an x-ray are you? I have just never ordered follow up MRIs ($1500-2500) for a patient after completing decompression. Insurance companies don't like the "we're just checking progress with a $2000 dollar test" approach very often. Aside from that - congratulations on your successful treatment!!

Good luck!

DrWill
DrWill

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain