Help single mum!!

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Help single mum!!

Postby debraparton2000 » Mon May 07, 2007 1:19 am

I am a single mum and have had sciatica for about 9weeks now!!

It is getting worse every day, to the point were I am now unable to even walk, shop,cook,clean for my son. My son is 9 years old, and I have asked social servies for help, as my family do not live near me. I have also just moved into a new area about 4 months ago so do not know many people yet.

Iam at my wits end on what to do,or if there are any kind of help out there to help with my son?

Thank you for taking the time out to read this, and good luck and best wishes to all of you who are also in pain like myself. I wish you all a speedy recovery!!!

Take care Debs x
debraparton2000

single mom debraparton2000

Postby Bill P » Thu May 17, 2007 5:13 pm

Hope you are getting better since your last post.

Debra, have you seen a medical doctor about your back? When you feel up to it, download Dean's book so you can start the rebuilding process.

Give the blood pressure cuff exercise I gave to Karen a try. Look under "Lower Back Pain", click, go down to Sacroiliac strain click, drop down to Bill P and try this 1st exercise dated March 4th, 2007. Let me know if you want to give it a try.

If however, it doesn't interest you, (the bp exercise) at least you should try the beginning exercises in Dean's book. It is important to supplement the exercises with plenty of water. To figure out how much water to drink per day, take your weight in lbs, say 110 lbs is your weight, dividing by 2 gives you 55. This then becomes the minimum amount of water (in ounces) that you should drink per day (just water..not other liquids). Add a pinch of sea salt to the glass, and try to eat foods that have potassium in them (raisins, oranges, bananas).

With the added hydration levels and Dean's exercises, the discs in your lower back will become more hydrated through the osmotic pressure created by the exercises. The movements associated with Dean's exercises will create a lower pressure in the discs of your lower back, allowing the flow of addtional water into the discs.

The sea of water surrounding the cells is determined by the amount ot water that you drink; salt determines how much water will actually enter the cells. Water is like a person, and salt is like the keys that the person needs to unlock their front door.

Keep me posted on your progress.

Bill P.
Bill P

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain