Upper Back Pain

Discussions related to Upper Back and Neck Pain

Upper Back Pain

Postby Cita » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:41 am

Hi

Today, I was told that I have a herniation at C3, and that surgey can fix this. As a massage therapist I have tried alternative methods of healing rather than tradition medicine. I'm confused because I'm not really sure how this happens. :? Is there a non-invasive way to treat this?
Mahalo

Postby Ron » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:22 pm

Hi Cita,

Surgery really is an extreme measure and most doctors don't recommend it much anymore for neck pain. So unless you're doctor is really insisting that you have to have surgery right away to save your life I'd put it off as long as you can. You can always do it later.

You should really check out Dean's book, Rebuild Your Neck before you do anything else. I'm 33 and I was told I had a couple of bad disks too and it really worked for me. I know it probably won't work for everyone, but it's definately worth a try.

Hope this helps,
Ron
Ron

Postby carmensd » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:30 am

Thanks Ron,

The doctor did not seem to want to discuss other options. I'm looking into alternative ways to heal. Appreciate your feedback.

Aloha,
Cita :D
carmensd

Postby Dana » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:32 pm

Hi guys,

I'd be a little leary of a doctor that didn't want to discuss any other option besides surgery. If it turns out that you do need the surgery, I'd shop around before I decided who to let do the job.

Dana
Dana

Return to Upper Back and Neck Pain