disk problem C5-C6

Discussions related to Upper Back and Neck Pain

disk problem C5-C6

Postby Ted Lindsey » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:12 pm

Hi,

I'm a 36 year old guy and I've had neck pain for probably 10 years. Sometimes minor (almost non-existent) and sometimes bad enough I have to take off work for several days. It's always there and I'm never able to forget about it. Usually just enough to know that I have to be careful. My doctor told me that I have a disintegrating disk between C5-C6 but that it wasn't bad enough to require surgery.

I try to continue keeping fit, but the neck problems restrict some of what I can do. And several times per year regardless of what I do I seem to go through several periods of pain and lack of mobility.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ted Lindsey
Ted Lindsey

Postby Ron » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:12 pm

Hi Ted,

Ted, the neck is tougher to fix than the lower back, but it can be done with a little patience. Just take your time and follow the instructions in the book to the letter and you'll be fine. I"m 33 and was diagnosed with a couple of bad disks in my neck and I thought there was no way I would ever get past the off again/on again pain cycle. The good thing about the neck exercises is that you can do them several times a day without having to stop what you're doing. I bet I do them now 8 - 10 times a day without even thinking about it. I haven't had a single problem with my neck since I started on the program. I have no idea what condition my disks are in but they don't bother me anymore so I don't worry about it.

Hope that helps,
Ron
Ron

re. disc problem

Postby Ted Lindsey » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:29 pm

Wanted to check back and thank you Ron for suggesting the book. I downloaded it and have been doing the exercises. So far, it's been the best thing I've ever tried. My neck feels much better.

I was skeptical at first, but I think I'm slowly becoming a believer. I never would have thought that it would be this simple. Wish I'd found this website years ago.

Thanks again,
Ted
Ted Lindsey

What is causing the pain?

Postby Pain sufferer » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:13 am

Pease explain how problems with my neck cause the pain in my upper back/left shoulder, upper arm and forearm? If not from the two bulgings discs, then what from?
Pain sufferer

Return to Upper Back and Neck Pain