Ever heard of THIS??????????

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Ever heard of THIS??????????

Postby Got2buzz » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:42 pm

For over two months I've been enduring some very nasty sciatica pain from my left buttocks and all the way to my ankle.

Stretches have helped, but "it" is still there for the most part.

Now THIS is very strange. I picked up a lousy cold/sinus infection/bronchial problem. I've had violent sneezing and coughing attacks all day. If you have disc related sciatica you KNOW what a cough or sneeze feels like-NOT fun.

The CRAZY part is that a good amount of the pain is GONE! Figure I must have shifted something just enough to take some of the pressure off.(?)

I expect things will shift back, but I'd sure like to hear your experiences.

Take care
Got2buzz

Postby randolph » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:23 pm

Hey Curtis

I've had a couple colds/flu/bronchial whatevers the last 13 months with sciatica ... and my sciatica symptoms did NOT subside. Maybe it's just a coincidence, and your good fortune. It will be interesting to see what happens AFTER your cold has run it's course. I suspect you're over the hump of the acute stage of sciatica pain ... and it just happened to coincide with a cold. Thank goodness for small blessings!!

Yes, one of the joys of sciatica is learning how to cough without causing yourself great pain in the back or hip! Tensing my abdominal muscles and slightly flexing the back just before the cough erupts seems to minimize any additional pain from the cough or sneeze ... but it does seem to make for some really loud eruptions!! What's your technique for coughing now??

Randolph
randolph

Sneezing

Postby lucero » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:06 am

I had suffered with sciatica for the last 13 months. It seems that when I sneeze or cough I make the pain worst.
I will try Randolph's advise and see how it works.
lucero

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain