Sciatica nerve going thru the hip bone

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Sciatica nerve going thru the hip bone

Postby Howell » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:18 pm

I have no feeling in my left leg on the left side and have lost some feeling on the right leg. I am told that the opening where the nerve goes thru the hip bone is restricted due the inflamation of the nerve. I have had a MRI and Xrays done and they are telling me this is what I need.

I am scheduled to have an ENG test tomorrow and to see if there is any nerve damage and to what extent and then surgery.

Can Use all the help I can get
Howell

Postby randolph » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:38 pm

Hi Howell

2 questions come to my mind

First, why the nerve inflammation?

Second, is there some reason why the inflammation won't eventually subside without surgery? In too much pain now to wait?

Cygnet referred us to recent research that indicates the old notion that older surgeons were taught, that you seriously risk permanent nerve damage waiting too long for surgery, is not necessarily true.

Randolph
randolph

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain