pain only during intercourse

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

pain only during intercourse

Postby kimander » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:26 pm

I've only had a problem with my sciatic nerve once before, thats when I was pregnant. I have not had any recurring pain. Until now. Without getting into any datails I am experiencing pain with intercourse. I do have a new partner and this is the first time I have had this problem. The pain is only during intercourse, there is no discomfort afterwards. Is this a common problem? Why is it occuring now?
kimander

Postby Trina » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:45 pm

Hi Kimander,

That's a new one on me. It seems odd that it would happen only during one activity and not at other times. Makes me think you may not be dealing with typical sciatica.

Have you discussed this with your doctor?
Trina

Postby randolph » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:02 am

Hi Kimander

I'm beginning to feel a bit like the RYB website representative for advocating TMS ... but take it for what it's worth, and see if it helps you.

It's a red flag TMS symptom if the pain comes up for just one activity. That of course indicates the pain most likely is NOT due to some physical abnormality ... so there could be a psychosomatic cause. (This doesn't mean you're a loon ... all of us suffer from various pains due to stress popping out in unusual places) New relationships are particularly stressful, even at the best of times (and oh boy, that can be the best of times) so it might be worth your time to visit tmshelp.com and investigate the possibility that you're experiencing TMS.

Randolph
randolph

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain