Article on back surgery

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.

Article on back surgery

Postby randolph » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:38 am

Hello Dean - just read an incredible, but fair article on the seamy side of the back surgery industry ... by a writer for New Yorker Magazine who received a failed fusion operation. See jeromegroopman.com; clic onto the "A Knife in the Dark" article. I think it should be required reading for anybody considering surgery; scared the living bejeezus out of me (sooooo glad I took your advice and declined to have surgery). Maybe include in your Resources section?

Randolph
randolph

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:42 pm

Thanks Randolph,

It's a long article, so I just skimmed through it for now. It looks good ... he quotes Deyo and Weinstein, a couple of the good guys ... and he also mentions the Physicians Neck and Back Clinic, in Minnesota ... an outfit that I recommend on the Resources page.

I saved a copy and I'll read it more closely later... I also want to take a look at the other articles on his site. Very interesting...

Thanks for the tip,
Dean
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Article on back surgery

Postby Woodchuck » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:05 pm

Absolutely frightening! Thanks for posting this. Btw, the direct link to the article is:

http://www.jeromegroopman.com/knife.html

Ken
Woodchuck

Return to General Health Topics