Pain killer questions for Bill

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Pain killer questions for Bill

Postby jayjoseph » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:37 am

Hi Bill,
Any suggestions are helpful. I have the Pain manual and Rebuild your back but right now my back is in the acute stages. Dean does not mention supplements or medications in his book so I thought I would ask you. I have muscle relaxants (skelaxin 800) and anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen 600). I am reluctant to use them but the pain is getting worse by the day. I have been icing but maybe need to rest more? By rest does that mean staying in the house couped all day and night for two to three days? I mention my hesitation about using the drugs because that only masks the pain. Like I mentioned earlier, I have a herniated disk at L4 and5 and nerve compression. I was seeing a chiropractor and accupuncturist but I stopped going to the chiro. Perhaps they made it worse? Any thoughts? I am 37 years old so I don't expect this to heal overnight but I feel I am getting worse because I don't even go jogging, calistheitcs, or yoga anymore and last year I did at least do some pushups and pullups and dips and ab work. I don't know if there is a difference between drugs that help with inflammation and herbs? Thanks
John
jayjoseph

Postby Bill » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:50 pm

Hi John,

As I said in my response to your earlier post. I have never used drugs or pills of any kind to treat my back. I don't know anything about them and therefore can't help you with that.

The only thing that worked for me was Dean's book. As far as dealing with the inflamation, it sounds like your doctor already gave you something for it.

I don't know what else to tell you,
Bill
Bill

Quick note to Bill

Postby jayjoseph » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:25 pm

Hi Bill,
I know you mentioned garlic before, how much and how often did you take it? Also, when you had , if you had, back spasms or inflammation what exactly did you do? How intense was the pain? I think I need to get to a place of a lot less pain before beginning the rebuilding phase but for some reason the healing phase is taking a log time. So many people say, don't bed rest more than two days because that wull stiffen and and cause a longer process .What was your experience and injury? Thanks again Bill
jayjoseph

Return to Lower Back Pain