Pain in neck to fingertips

Discussions related to Upper Back and Neck Pain

Pain in neck to fingertips

Postby fgarcia » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:17 pm

Hi I am new and just ordered e-book.

I had trouble downloading and sent email to webmaster.

My scenario is this:

Nerve pain starts at neck across scapula then nesting to:
Lats, tricep, elbow, forearm top of hand into fingertips.

Years ago I was mowing lawn and sneezed, I heard a tear noise
and it has been down hill from there with periodic bouts with this
pain traveling down my right arm.

Please help.

Frank
fgarcia

Postby randolph » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:14 pm

Hi Frank

It's been a couple weeks since you downloaded the e-books. Wondering if you've been able to do the RYB upper-body exercises and seen any improvement :?:

It's a good sign that you are experiencing no numbness, tingling ... "just" pain; means you should be able to at least begin the exercises.

Randolph
randolph

neck pain

Postby SamIam » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:35 pm

Guys anybody;

I have no idea whats up with me but exactly a year ago, my right side neck, all the way seems tendernitis and then seems as arthritis to my right hand...unbearable..............flexiril too much.......nothing, then motrin800 nothing. Seems my neck is grinding my shoulder feels like it needs streching to feel good but as soon as the stretch stops it hurts. My elbows hurts to my forearm. Can't sleep more than 2 hrs can't do a job more than 30min. Next day i'm in bed helppppppppppppppp
SamIam

Postby Steven » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:05 am

Hi SamIam,

What you're describing sounds like Radiculopathy. It is the upper body version of sciatica. In a nutshell, it is when a nerve in your neck becomes pinched causing strange pain, numbness and/or weakness in other parts of your body ... typically the arm and shoulder.

I'm not a doctor, but that is what it sounds like to me. If you haven't already done so, you should see a medical doctor and get a complete physical exam and an accurate medical diagnosis to really determine what is going on.

If it turns out not to be a serious medical condition, the doctor will probably recommend (or at least agree to) a physical therapy program to rebuild your neck.

If that is the case, you might be interested in Dean's book on the subject. It is one of the better home exercise programs out there and a perfect companion to any professional therapy program your doctor or therapist would prescribe.

Let us know what you find out,
Steven
Steven

Return to Upper Back and Neck Pain