Exercise and supplements for Herniated Disc L4-L5 with nerve

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Exercise and supplements for Herniated Disc L4-L5 with nerve

Postby Jayjoseph » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:41 am

Hi,

I had a slip and fall and took a MRI. It showed a herniated disc between L4 and L5 with nerve compression on the L4 left side. OK , I have read the beginning of the book but I have not done the rebuilding part yet. What I would like to know is the following: What have been your experiences with NSAIDS and/or natural supplementation to reduce the swelling and spasms. I don't like to take drugs but.........................
I have stopped jogging and doing yoga and doing calistehtics due to chronic back pain, any opinions? Finally how important is the type of bed I sleep on?
Thanks
John
Jayjoseph

Postby Bill » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:27 am

Hi John,

Welcome to the group.

You didn't mention how long ago you injured your back, but it sounds like it's been over a week.

Dean has a good artilce on MRI's and back pain called, Abnormalities are Normal

As far as the NSAIDS are concerned, I have not tried them personally so I can't comment. I do believe they have their place when a doctor thinks they will help. Always follow their advice.

I've found garlic is a good natural pain reducer but it's not a panacea.

Bill
Bill

Thak to bill

Postby jayjoseph » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:05 pm

Hi Bill,
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. You mentioned garlic but I was wondering if you eat it naturally or take it in pill form/ Also, could you share what worked for you and what did not work for you. I have had back spasms off and on for the last year and a half. The MRI in May showed a herniation with nerve compression. I plan on finishing the Rebuild Your Back Book and then creating a program. I am interested in learning what to do and also what not to do which could further aggravate the back. Thanks again
John
jayjoseph

Return to Lower Back Pain