Pain after Microdisectomy

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Pain after Microdisectomy

Postby MJ110445 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:51 am

On May 5, 2006 after three tries at epidural injections I decided to end my sciatica pain by microdisectomy. I had been enduring sciatica since January, and I could not take it any longer.

Piror to this an MRI showed lower back arthritis, and yet I never had any pain or discomfort.

Now almost 4 months later I am having pain in my hip (right side) and annoying pain in my right shin area. My herniated discs were L-3 L-4.

I cannot function very well without taking NSaids or aspirin. I had lived on codeine drugs for months and had a very bad experience with becoming very depressed and losing 15 pounds.

I am trying to get back to a normal life but I do not know what to do or who next to see. Physical Therapy did not help, it made it worse.
Pain meds cannot be the answer forever. Can someone who has been where I am tell me what I should do next??

MJ :(
MJ110445

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain