Epidural Injection

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Epidural Injection

Postby krd » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:47 am

Hey Everyone

Has anyone ever had an epidural injection into the damaged disk? If so have you had any pain relief or success? My friend the anist. says that he thinks I will respond well to the injection. He says that since I had some relief from the steriod pack, I will most likely have good results with the injection.

He also said that he would get a second opinion for surgery if my back doc tells me that is my only option. I am in full agreement with that. Looking forward to hearing from anybody that has had an injection. Be posting.

Ken
krd

Nobody ever had the injection????

Postby krd » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:22 am

I guess nobody on this forum has had the epidural injection. I was wondering because I see the doc tomorrow, and I am hoping that he recommends that before any surgery suggestion. I will let you all know the outcome. Be posting.

Ken
krd

Epidural Injections

Postby MJ110445 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:55 am

I had three epidurals and I found no relief. I spent several months trying them before I finally made up my mind to have a microdisectomy.

I am still having some pain but not anywhere near where it was before.
I now function, but am not back to my real life yet.

Good luck on your decision. Some people say always to try the injections first. I know my neurosurgeon told me this was the way to go before surgery.

MJ
MJ110445

Postby randolph » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:44 pm

Hi Ken

My dentist's 30something receptionist was injured in a car accident several years ago, has since had LB problems. She receives an epidural a few times a year, whenever the OTC meds she occassionally uses aren't effective ... and thinks they are the greatest.

I'm just very glad that Naproxin Sodium has always been sufficient to relieve my pain. I suppose I'd be considering the epidural shots like you, if meds weren't personally effective.

I met another lady, briefly, who had the same negative response to the epidural that MJ posted above.

Randolph
randolph

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain