anulus fibrosus-does it grow back

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

anulus fibrosus-does it grow back

Postby Rupert » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:46 pm

I have a follow up question on herniation absorption. Understood that as inflammation dies the herniations resorb and decrease in size, but what about 'anulus fibrosus' the outer rings that protect the nucleus pulposus does that grow back as well?

Thanks,
Rupert,
PA
Rupert

Postby randolph » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:19 pm

Interesting question, Rupert. Gonna have to find out.

As efficient as the body is in recycling dead cell material (100K cells die and are born each second in the body), it's difficult for me to believe that the body isn't, somehow, cleaning up the herniated disc material and rebuilding the damaged disc. But still haven't read any descriptions of what that actual process is.
randolph

Scar tissue takes place

Postby Rupert » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:27 am

Randolph,
in the mean time i asked numerous medical resources. THeir reply was that a scar tissue grows in place. Which is nowhere near as strong as the annulus-fibrosus linings.
But one of the resources mentioned that there is a Russian surgeon's patent pending on a technology in which he burns the herniated portion with a special kind of laser beam, that burn is replaced by an original lining. The resource saw this surgeon's program on a health channel in australia featuring cutting edge technologies. I got the link for the surgoen also but it was in Russian.
Best Wishes,
Rupert
Rupert

Russia

Postby Kevin » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:11 pm

Rupert, I saw that link also and there is a button to hit for english...........Kevin
Kevin

http://www.beyondtomorrow.com.au/stories/ep42/meltingbacks.h

Postby Rupert » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:26 am

Kevin wrote:Rupert, I saw that link also and there is a button to hit for english...........Kevin

Please check this->

http://www.beyondtomorrow.com.au/storie ... backs.html
Rupert

Thanks

Postby Kevin » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:33 am

Rupert, thanks.............did you see the english button small in the upper right hand corner of the web site?

Also, having an MRI next Friday just to see what is really going on...........pain in the back is gone but as I work thru the day the pins and needles are in upper and lower legs and numbness and needles in feet.

When I get up in the morning feel pretty good until I hit the ground, then back still no pain but numb feet and then as I move the pins and needles start.

I don't know what is going on but I am still optimistic........

Hope you are doing well,

Kevin
Kevin

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain