O'Connor Technique

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

O'Connor Technique

Postby krd » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:59 pm

Hey has anyone ever heard of the O'Connor Technique?? I just found this on the internet and was wondering if, especially you Dean, has ever heard of this or any positive or negative input on it. The website is http://www.backpainoconnor.com/ If you don't want this on the site Dean, I understand. Just wondering if anybody had any input. Thanks and be posting.

Ken
krd

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:16 pm

Hi Ken,

Yes, I've seen his website. As I recall, he was selling a book on do-it-yourself chiropractic ... something I found at the time to be rather humorous. Sort of like, How To Make Your Own Snake Oil. :lol:

Of course, it's no secret I have an extremely negative bias when it comes to anything associated with chiropractors. My reaction to the things they say, think and do usually starts out as shock ... then turns to dismay and sadness ... and eventually spills over into hysterical laughter ... until somebody gets hurt, and then I'm back to the dismay and sadness.

None of which has any bearing on the merits of O'Connor's book.

He may actually have a very good book. I don't know, I've never read it and I've never heard anything either pro or con about it. I simply found it hard to take him seriously based on the material on his website.

If you get his book, let us know what you think of it. Despite my bias, I'm actually very open-minded. I've found you can learn from anyone... even someone you disagree with.

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Oh, as far as the link is concerned, I'll leave it for now just for everyone's convenience. But since it is a commercial link, I'll have to edit it later.

I was on a forum just the other day that only started a couple of months ago. The owner made the mistake of not riding herd on commercial links ... already the thing is 90% spam ... everything from **** (a word I had to ban because of spammers) to gambling sites.

It's very sad. Totally ruined what could have been a valuable users group.

One way to get around the "no spam" rule when you find something interesting that you want to pass on to others is to simply advise people to Google "The O'Connor Technique" or to list the site name as something like "O'connor (dot) com."

That way no link shows and people who are interested can still find the site and check it out.

This doesn't mean I won't delete something I think is spam. It just means there are ways we can share info with each other without attracting undesirables.

Later,
Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Thanks Dean

Postby krd » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:40 pm

Thanks for your input. I am glad that this forum is here. I want you to know that I am definitely on the mend. I am able to walk must better in the last few days, and the pain is, from a 1 to 10, around a 3. I am optimistic again. Be posting.

Ken
krd

Postby Dean » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:12 am

Hi Ken,

Glad to hear the pain is finally starting to subside. When do you leave for Scotland? I seem to recall it was scheduled for sometime in July.

Wouldn't advise trying to play golf while you're there, even if the pain lets up by then. I know it might be tempting, but I don't think it would be worth the risk. After all, the nerve is going to need at least 6 months to heal after this latest injury.

In any event, let us know how it goes.

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Scotlan postponed

Postby krd » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:09 pm

Hey Dean

Scotland has been postponed. We decided to go next year, and I am already committed to rebuilding my back for the next year. I am going to lay off of golf for approximately 6 to 9 months and just rebuild. My friend in Scotland was very understanding. I couldn't go there and not play St. Andrews... that would have killed me. Be posting.

Ken
krd

Postby Dean » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:49 am

Sounds like a plan. I'm sure you will enjoy the trip a lot more if you can beat this sciatica thing first so you don't have to worry about hurting your back.

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain