Totally Frustrated

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Totally Frustrated

Postby krd » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:53 am

Man this sucks. I am still having problems walking... stiffness and discomfort. This is my 5th week and I am getting impatient. I was hoping that this would pass faster this time around, but the truth is it appears to be a long haul. Randolf, thanks for all of your posts. They have been helpful. I know this will pass, and the days will seem brighter, but I am not sure that golf is in my future. I hope all of you are having better success than I. Be posting.

Ken
krd

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:21 pm

Hi Ken,

I feel your frustration. I've been following the discussion that you and Randolph have been having for the past several weeks even if I haven't been joining in... it's situations like these that make me wish there really was a magic bullet... but, of course, there isn't.

Ya just gotta hang in there... try to avoid the things that aggravate the nerve and do as much of the other exercises and decompression type stuff (like the inversion table) that seems to help.

Beyond that, all you can do is let time take its course.

I know you already know all this... I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I share your frustration and that I've also been hoping that you would bounce back quickly from this setback. Apparently your back has other ideas.

You will get past this. You did it once, you can do it again. Just take it one day at a time.

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Thanks Dean

Postby krd » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:42 pm

Boy did I need that!!! I am sitting here tonight to tight and sore to even go to my youngest son's graduation. I did drive to the parking lot so I could hear them call his name and give him his diploma. Thanks for the encouraging words. It is times like this that we need people like you. I will keep up the faith and let you know my progress. Thanks again Dean.

Ken
krd

Postby randolph » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:00 am

Hello Ken!

I'm heartened that Dean's post was an encouragement to you; it's not easy to hear that sometimes it just takes longer to rebuild than we would wish. The limitations that keep us from our favorite activities, while we rebuild our backs, are a definite bummer. Yet, while the too slow healing is indeed tooooooo slow, it is definitely progress in the right direction. Scotland will be there next year!

Yesterday I spent the day with the kids, visiting a local natural history museum (awesome T-rex skeleton, live snakes, planetarium ... ooooooooh), then shopping at the local super-Walmart (a Subway there, too :D ). I can do that, in spite of my very limited walking endurance, because both places provide free wheelchairs. The kids made a toy out of the wheelchair (with me in it!). I think there's a lesson there.

Glad to hear you are hangin in there!

Randolph
randolph

Thanks Randolf

Postby krd » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:55 pm

Hey Randolf

Thanks for your uplifting story. I am feeling much better today. I was wondering if you have an email address that I could send you something. It is something that I think is pretty cool. It's my way of saying "thank you" for always posting positive things. Be posting.

Ken
krd

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain