No Sciatica Section

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

No Sciatica Section

Postby Bud Schrader » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:55 am

Hi,

My only criticism of the book, Rebuild Your Back is that it doesn’t have a section specifically dedicated to the treatment of sciatica. Other than that it's really a great book. I realize that if you have sciatica you probably also have other back problems and an overall rebuilding program is probably the wisest approach. I just like books where I can turn right to a specific section for answers and don't have to read the whole thing to find what I'm looking for.

I don't mean this to sound critical, I really like the book. It was an easy read and fortunately, many of the exercises do target sciatica. It does a good job of pointing out what each exercise does so you don’t have to struggle to figure out which ones to do. So my complaint is really, really minor. In fact, I'm almost reluctant to share it since I don't want you to get the wrong idea and think I didn't like the book.

Overall, I'd give it a 9.9 out of 10 and I agree with the other people who have commented, it's the best back book I've ever read. And I've read several. I would definately recommend it to anyone with back pain.

Thanks

Bud
Bud Schrader

Postby Dean » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:37 pm

Hi Bud, welcome to the group.

Thanks for the great feedback. I appreciate your candid thoughts and ideas both pro and con.

I think some people are initially disappointed when they discover that the book doesn't take a symptomatic approach to back treatment. I think this is because we've grown so accustomed to that method of treating disease that we've just come to expect it.

I started out to break the book into sections according to specific symptoms, but quickly realized that to do so was redundant. The bottom line is, there's only one way to rebuild your back and that's to simply rebuild your back. The same exercises are used regardless of how your back pain manifests itself.

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain