Love, Greg and Lauren - interesting book

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.

Love, Greg and Lauren - interesting book

Postby randolph » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:48 pm

Interesting book - "Love, Greg and Lauren" by Greg Manning

Maybe I'm the last person on earth to hear about this book ... but just in case you haven't ... written by the husband of a woman severely burned when the first plane hit the twin towers on 9/11. The story of her remarkable struggle and recovery from those injuries (most injured like her die). She was interviewed on Oprah, and Larry King Live in 2002 (those interviews on the web).

I mention it here because her story puts teeth in the old cliche that, as bad as your or my present situation might be, it reallly does help to realize someone else has it a whole lot worse than us ... and comes out the other side a stronger, better person. Back problems are tough ... but ain't like having most of your skin burned off by burning jet fuel. Lauren Manning's story gave me a renewed appreciation for all the good things that I still have, and reminded me that, yes, there's hope for me, too.
randolph

Return to General Health Topics