Indulge me - but I am happier

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Indulge me - but I am happier

Postby Desoto87 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:18 pm

Hi - I am somewhat new to the site. I had a New Year's resolution to finally get my back, back in order. I ordered the book around the end of January and have had nothing but steady improvement since beginning the excercises.

History - I have had herniated discs and sciatica ongoing for about 2 1/2 years. I am an avid golfer and used to play 2-3 times/week. In 2004, I played about 6 times, the last time in August 2004.

Thanks to the book, I played my first full 18 holes about 2 weeks ago. I have been avoiding surgery for quite some time and intend to keep it that way.

I am real fortunate in some ways because I have one of the best PT's in the business helping me along - he has treated lots of top PGA players - even he is impressed with my recent success.

Just wanted to share the above. I am sure I will have questions about how to keep this improvement moving along...cheers!
Desoto87

Postby Paul » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:59 pm

Hey, Desoto87,

Welcome to the group and thanks for sharing your progress report with us. I always love to hear a good success story. I was having a rather bad day at work and you just helped pick me up out of the doldrums.

Thanks!!!

Here's to hoping you have much more continued success and that you'll keep us posted as you 'rebuild.'

Feel free to ask any questions you might have. There are some real knowledgeable, caring people here who will do their best to help you find the answers.

Paul
Paul

Postby Bill » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:26 pm

Hi Desoto,

Welcome to the group.

Hope you keep improving and that you'll continue to join us here in the forum. Let us know how that golf game is going. I never took to the game, but I think krd (aka Ken) is a golfer and I'm sure there are others in the group who enjoy the game as well.

Later,
Bill
Bill

Postby randolph » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:11 am

Hello Desoto87!

I'd be interested to know a bit more of the history of your damaged disc(s), sciatica symptoms (at their worst and how they've improved), and any medical intervention you've employed. I've been rebuilding my back for over 4 months now, from a L5 injury almost 6 months ago (MRI reveals a "slipped disc"). RYB has really helped (at least I can work again after 4 months off).

I'm really surprised how persistent the sciatica symptoms are, and still have a long way to go before I can resume running and weightlifting again. So I'm trying to get educated on what kind of monster I'm doing battle with here. Some folks seem to bounce back fairly fast, others like yourself, have been dealing with it for years.

Really glad to read of the help you've received from RYB. While driving my truck around the country, I meet other back-pain sufferers, who invariably have nothing but discouraging things to tell me (I'll eventually have to have surgery, it only gets worse, etc.). So your story is REALLY good to read. Thanks :D

Please keep us posted on your progress ... and how the golf game is going. I used to play ... until the kids came along ... but still enjoy listening to the XM radio golf channel for Peter Kessler's excellent interview program, and, of course, play by play of pro tourneys.
randolph

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain