Trying prolotherapy

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Trying prolotherapy

Postby yannick35 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:54 pm

I have nothing to lose and must get rid of this nagging pain and snapping hip joint.

Sport medecin help a bit but the program was never complete has the RYB is.

Now after doing lots of research i saw that many people here got great results from prolotherapy.

I decided to get a rendez vous and on Sept 5 i am going.

I want to start having a normal life again, my pain is nagging and my pelvic is having a lot of issue staying balance even after a whole 3 months of pelvic exercises everyday.

I have to put this behind me and start living again.

My girlfriend is very active and i feel really bad because most of the time i cant follow her even in a simple bike ride.

This summer we went to the water slides and after a while i had to site down couldnt even wait in line, i had muscle spasm in the lower back.

This has to stop for good.
yannick35
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am

It hurts Ouch

Postby yannick35 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Well the treatment went well but god damn it the next day you are in for a treath.

My lower back feels like it never felt before in major pain, burning i even have some trouble walking.

The upper neck and upper back are a lot less painful but has the prolotherapist told me the lower back takes all the pain because its the part that received the most injections.

The injections did not hurt me at all, the medical doctor that did the treatment really has a magic touch, he didnt even freeze me.

I felt a bit of pinching in the lower back at 2 places.

I got around 20 shots covering the C7, upper back and lower back region.

I am going back for 2 more treatments Sept 18th and Sept 24th.

Then he said he will spead one more 3 weeks to a month later and then 6 months later.
yannick35
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am

Re: It hurts Ouch

Postby Flyin Pig » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:12 pm

yannick35 wrote:Well the treatment went well but god damn it the next day you are in for a treath.

My lower back feels like it never felt before in major pain, burning i even have some trouble walking.

The upper neck and upper back are a lot less painful but has the prolotherapist told me the lower back takes all the pain because its the part that received the most injections.

The injections did not hurt me at all, the medical doctor that did the treatment really has a magic touch, he didnt even freeze me.

I felt a bit of pinching in the lower back at 2 places.

I got around 20 shots covering the C7, upper back and lower back region.


Holy crapola, Yannick! I can't even read through your post without gettin' the "heebee-jeebee's"! I'll bet that stings a little bit.

yannick35 wrote:I am going back for 2 more treatments Sept 18th and Sept 24th.

Then he said he will spead one more 3 weeks to a month later and then 6 months later.


Keep us informed of your progress, Buddy. I (for one) want to hear that you're healin' quick and pain-free.

FP
Flyin Pig
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:32 pm
Location: Toledo, Ohio

Re: It hurts Ouch

Postby yannick35 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:03 pm

Flyin Pig wrote:
yannick35 wrote:Well the treatment went well but god damn it the next day you are in for a treath.

My lower back feels like it never felt before in major pain, burning i even have some trouble walking.

The upper neck and upper back are a lot less painful but has the prolotherapist told me the lower back takes all the pain because its the part that received the most injections.

The injections did not hurt me at all, the medical doctor that did the treatment really has a magic touch, he didnt even freeze me.

I felt a bit of pinching in the lower back at 2 places.

I got around 20 shots covering the C7, upper back and lower back region.


Holy crapola, Yannick! I can't even read through your post without gettin' the "heebee-jeebee's"! I'll bet that stings a little bit.

yannick35 wrote:I am going back for 2 more treatments Sept 18th and Sept 24th.

Then he said he will spead one more 3 weeks to a month later and then 6 months later.


Keep us informed of your progress, Buddy. I (for one) want to hear that you're healin' quick and pain-free.

FP


Be sure of one thing flying pig prolotherapy cannot be overlook when it comes to treating back pain. Of course depending on the cause it will not help if you have a hernia or sever spin degeneration but in most cases people do have weak tendons and ligaments.

No matter what PT and chiros and any other so called back pain specialist tells you tendons and ligaments have a very important place to play holding the spin togheter.

I have been told that muscles along building stronger muscles and core that is will replace the weakend ligament and tendons, nothing is far from the truth, and this is where people waste so much time.

Note that prolotherapy alone will not work very well, this is why a strong program like RYB must be use when the healing and strenghtening of the ligaments and tendons is done.

I know that there is a fear of needles when it comes to prolotherapy, and a lot of misunderstanding.

My prolotherapist treated many olympic athletes and athletes of all kind getting back in there feet.

There are many that say it makes no sense and tend to put this techic aside. Then again why would they push something that can actually releive your back pain forever.

Do you really think they want to find a cure of cancer........ yeah right
yannick35
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am

Prolotherapy

Postby Bikegirl » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:17 am

Salut Yannick,

I read that you went to a clinic in Laval for your prolotherapy treatment. Do you mind telling where exactly? I live in Laval and suffer from sacroilliac ligament injury ...for the past 5 years :(

I workout on the daily basis doing weight training (overall body) and lots of abs exercices but I don't see the end of this. I also do cardio training right after I am done with the weight training. I spend two hours a day in the gym EVERYDAY. Mind you, I just started back from a long year of rest. I first started working out in 2005 for two years straight. I was doing a good weight training program + an hour of jogging. I was amazed by the results eventhough I still felt pain in my SI joint. I could literally feel and hear the ligaments popping and growling back into place.

I had to stop because I couldn't recup anymore, I was exhausted. Prior to that I met a doctor at the Clinique de Medecine Sportive de Laval that told me about ligament injury and predicted that I would get to the exhaustion point, he just couldn't say when it would happen.

Now, I have no more patience, no more job, no more fun and no more money. My mind is going nuts and I need to find answers and solutions. Its been long enough and I feel I have given all I got.

So I am very interested in speaking with you about the prolotherapy. I am also curious about the book you praise.

I look forward to hear from you.
Bikegirl
PS: all the MRI and scan I went through didn't show anything. I got injured by a BAD fall on the coccyx.
Bikegirl
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 am

Postby Bikegirl » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:26 am

me again.

I want to mention that the weight training program I am doing is from an Elite trainer. I hired him to work with me in this, the only thing is that he doesn't understand how to heal my back pain either. But he is highly certified in program training. Therfore I do not feel that I am doing harm to myself, AU CONTRAIRE, this is the only thing that keeps me going.

I took a training certification myself for my personal knowledge.

I just thought I would mention it in case anyone starts to question my technique.

After spending more than 10 000$ on this injury, running from a doctor to another, from 10 different physios, 3 ostheopath, 1 ROLFER, 3 acunpunctor, 4 massage therapist, 1 muscular therapist, 4 chiros and many many disapointments, I decided to take matters in my own hands and figure out something to jump start the healing process.

The only problem is that I feel I am not progressing anymore...like if a piece of the puzzle is missing.

Anyway I want to hear from you Yannick!

Thanks
Bikegirl
Bikegirl
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 am

Postby yannick35 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:09 am

Bikegirl wrote:me again.

I want to mention that the weight training program I am doing is from an Elite trainer. I hired him to work with me in this, the only thing is that he doesn't understand how to heal my back pain either. But he is highly certified in program training. Therfore I do not feel that I am doing harm to myself, AU CONTRAIRE, this is the only thing that keeps me going.

I took a training certification myself for my personal knowledge.

I just thought I would mention it in case anyone starts to question my technique.

After spending more than 10 000$ on this injury, running from a doctor to another, from 10 different physios, 3 ostheopath, 1 ROLFER, 3 acunpunctor, 4 massage therapist, 1 muscular therapist, 4 chiros and many many disapointments, I decided to take matters in my own hands and figure out something to jump start the healing process.

The only problem is that I feel I am not progressing anymore...like if a piece of the puzzle is missing.

Anyway I want to hear from you Yannick!

Thanks
Bikegirl


Nous sommes tellement pareil bikegirl i do feel your pain, RYB c'est le best ever de tout ce que j'ai vue à date.

Was not impressed by Le centre de médecine sportive i actually saw an asshole named Normand Martin this idiot sees arthrosis everywhere even if my MRI and x ray showed nothing.

My current doctor that i am seeing right now is Gaétan Brouillard the clinic is called Aslépius 450-661-4865, there is prolotherapy there, spine force, physio and a lot more.

Bonne chance in coming back to training and enjoying life again, i want to get back into martial arts ASAP.

If you have any questions about prolo or anything feel free to ask i will be glad to help you out.

BTW i lived in Fabreville for 33 years. The place still sucks LOL
yannick35
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am

Postby Bikegirl » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi Yannick!

C'est une bonne chose que je n'habite pas à Fabreville!...lol

I wanted to know how much prolotherapy costs?
How many treatments are you expecting to have?

Also, is prolotherapy like the cordisone injections....meaning do you have to expect them to stop working at one point or are they meant to heal the tendons and ligaments?

Merci
Bikegirl
Bikegirl
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 am

Postby yannick35 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Bikegirl wrote:Hi Yannick!

C'est une bonne chose que je n'habite pas à Fabreville!...lol

I wanted to know how much prolotherapy costs?
How many treatments are you expecting to have?

Also, is prolotherapy like the cordisone injections....meaning do you have to expect them to stop working at one point or are they meant to heal the tendons and ligaments?

Merci
Bikegirl


Reading your post i see that you really are an active person and you must understand (Thats the part that sucks) you need to really slow down at least to let the healing phase set in.

Its is better for someone who considers getting into prolotherapy treatments to never have had cortisol shots, they are very bad and can really screw up your back.

Prolotherapy is the inflammation of the joints and tendons to make then stronger.

I got my first treatment only so its too early to tell, usually its between 3 and 6 treatments spread on a time frame that the doctor determines.

The clinic is private so first you meed with un intervenant he will evaluate you that cost 60$ if you have x rays and MRI you can bring them too then you meet with the doctor this isnt long, 4$ a minute.

The prolotherapy solution they inject is 50$ can be covered by the insurance, the injection techic used by the prolotherapist is not covered for me its 3 injection sites 6 technics used at 15$ each 60$ total plus the time i am with the doctor.

I know it can be very expensive but for me its the last resort so to speak, i have been there done that on all other therapies, you name it i did it.

Prolotherapy is great also for musculo sceletal issues.

It hurts like a bitch after your injections for a few days that is a good sign that the healing process is doing good.

Next treatment is this week Thursday along with 30 minutes on the spine force.

Keep you updates

Bonne chance, i am walking for now and doing the RYB that is all.

When i get the feu vert weight training, weight loss and martial arts babey hehehehe
yannick35
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am

Postby Bikegirl » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:30 pm

I am indeed an active person, that's the only way the pain doesn't bother me as much.

You are right slowing down does help with the healing but I can't slow down. When I do the pain gets worse. Trust me, I have tried to slow down, it makes everything worse. My ligaments seems to get stuck more and my entire body slows down and gets stiffer to the point of not being able to walk.

I have tried to workout every other day instead of everyday, it does not work either. I must be doing physical activity everyday.

Thanks for the info, I will call your Doctor tomorrow. I have no insurance right now, so I will have to cover all costs. But since it is for my health, I don't care, I will pay.

I really do hope that you recover and go back to your martial arts, it is so important to be active in something we like!
Bikegirl
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 am

Postby yannick35 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:03 am

Bikegirl wrote:I am indeed an active person, that's the only way the pain doesn't bother me as much.

You are right slowing down does help with the healing but I can't slow down. When I do the pain gets worse. Trust me, I have tried to slow down, it makes everything worse. My ligaments seems to get stuck more and my entire body slows down and gets stiffer to the point of not being able to walk.

I have tried to workout every other day instead of everyday, it does not work either. I must be doing physical activity everyday.

Thanks for the info, I will call your Doctor tomorrow. I have no insurance right now, so I will have to cover all costs. But since it is for my health, I don't care, I will pay.

I really do hope that you recover and go back to your martial arts, it is so important to be active in something we like!


Keep me posted on your progress and if you call the clinic too.
yannick35
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am

Postby Bikegirl » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:56 pm

I will keep you posted.

For now I am investigating something. Ever heard of Diane Lee in Vancouver? Apparently she is the guru of sijoint problems. I called her clinic to get a referral to someone in Montreal. I am now trying to find out who is the best person to treat me there.

My next step, will be to call your doctor.

How are you feeling now?
Bikegirl
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 am

Postby yannick35 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:06 pm

Bikegirl wrote:I will keep you posted.

For now I am investigating something. Ever heard of Diane Lee in Vancouver? Apparently she is the guru of sijoint problems. I called her clinic to get a referral to someone in Montreal. I am now trying to find out who is the best person to treat me there.

My next step, will be to call your doctor.

How are you feeling now?


To early to tell, i only got one treatment, it is suppose to start doing wonders on the third treatment.

I have another one this week, dont worry i will keep you posted on my progess either it be positive or negative.

BTW at what stage of the RYB are you at? this program has helped me a lot.
yannick35
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am

Postby Bikegirl » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:08 pm

I am not on the program yet.
What about you how far are you?

How is this program different then others?
Bikegirl
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 am

Postby yannick35 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:42 am

Bikegirl wrote:I am not on the program yet.
What about you how far are you?

How is this program different then others?


You need to get on this ASAP, i was very sceptic at first when i saw that you needed to do a donation.

I have paied 100$ for the losethebackpain program and it was pure crap.

I was so discouraged, i had just gotten back from our vacation in Riviere du loup with my girlfriend, there i had some huge pains all the way, i got into a fight with my girlfriend because i was in pain and that really messed up the vacation.

I understood her too she is active and i am sort of handicaped at the moment.

I went on the internet and needed to find a solution before that i had scraped my weekend at the waterslides and more.

I started to feel that sport medecin was a scam, giving me strengh exercises to do au compte de goutte. I did ask for streching but that was ignored.

The exercises given to me at Le centre de medecine sportive de laval where to hard on my body, so most of the time i was in more pain when doing them without any streching. Lets just say that they can go # themeselve because they are another well educated bunch of morons.

This is where in found the bebuild your back website, and decided to donate the 20$, after all i had tried everything else.

You need to read this book its amazing and Dean is amazing.

You have a complete streching section, rehydration for disk, strenghtening and more.

I am doing the advance exercises right now and feel great.

You will be amazed how much the streching can releive your back pain.

Its there that you will stop spending money on things that dont matter or give you temporary relief, so called specialist that talk with there mouths full of **** like the last i saw at Le centre medicale sprotif, she was an RPG i was on the waiting list for 6 months to meet her for posture re-education, she told me to stop the rebuild your back exercise and the strenghtening exercises, she seemed confused true out the whole exam, i asked her about some exercises like the cobra, the cat that are all in the RYB program she said she didnt know them, 80$ later i got out of there frustered has hell.

Get the RYB it will change your life honest to god
yannick35
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am

Next

Return to Lower Back Pain

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron


Home   |   About   |   Articles   |   Books   |   Donations   |   Resources


Contact Information:
RebuildYourBack.com
400 S. 10th Avenue
Ozark, Missouri 65721


email:

© Copyright 2003, 2013 RebuildYourBack.com



The information in RebuildYourBack.com is not intended as a substitute for medical professional help or advice but is to be used only as an aid in understanding back and neck pain. A physician should always be consulted for any health problem. RebuildYourBack.com provides links to other organizations as a service to our readers and is not responsible for the information, services, or products provided by these web sites, health professionals, or companies. See Terms and Conditions.