HELP! I have a tailbone problem

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

HELP! I have a tailbone problem

Postby Pam » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:36 am

There literally NOTHING out there about dealing with tailbone problems. I have no idea how I injured my tailbone, but it has been an issue for 3-6 months now. I have just completed a series of x-rays to see if it is bruised or broken. I am ready to just have it REMOVED!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions???
Pam

Postby Dana » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:30 am

Hi Pam,

Boy, can't really say I know what to tell you about a tailbone problem. I have heard of people having pain there and it is a part of the spinal column so it's possible that it could be treated the same as any other part of the spine. You could try the Rebuild Your Back book it does have some exercises that work the hips and legs and therefore would involve the tailbone. It would be worth a try if just for the background information.

I'd be interested in what your doctor thinks the problem could be?

Wish I could be more help,
Dana

Added by Admin: Which Doctor For Back Pain?
Dana

Postby John » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:15 am

Hi Pam,

I looked in a big thick medical book I have and it described your pain as "coccygeal pain" and that it was not that unusual. (The tailbone is technically the coccyx.) According to the book this type of pain is usually caused by brusing the coccyx in a fall or by being hit. The only other cause listed was that some women experience pain in the tailbone following childbirth. Only treatment it gave was to sit on a soft pillow designed specifically for this type of injury. The book said the pain was usually temporary.

You might try Googling "coccygeal pain" or "coccyx injury" and see what you can find.

Hope this helps, John
John

Re: HELP! I have a tailbone problem

Postby harrisedward938 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:00 am

I am suffering of Tailbone pain and it really hurts and I can't do what I can like biking I though it will gone shortly but its not maybe I've got this because of sitting down in front of the computer for a long hours. Can you advice me what to do?
harrisedward938

Return to Lower Back Pain