Spinal bone spurs

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Spinal bone spurs

Postby Sandy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:15 pm

After having a CT of my lumbar spine it has been diagnosed that severe arthritis has caused a bone spur to grow and press on my sciatica nerve, (S1 area) thus causing the severe pain I have been experiencing! This is in addition to to having herniated discs in the same area. I go to a pain management center in Syosset, NY. My doctor's name is John Stamatos and he is the first doctor to tell me about the bone growth causing the pain. Anyway, he is going to give me a steroid injection in the area where the nerve is involved - he says it will not "fix" the problem but hopefully will take the pain away. Down the road, if the injections work, he mentioned the medtronics spine stimulator which is controlled by battery. We'll see what happens. I was wondering if anyone out there has heard of bone spurs on the spine developing.
Sandy
:(
Sandy

Postby Bill » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:28 pm

Hi Sandy,

Bone spurs are very common. Read Dean's article, Abnormalities are Normal for more info.

I'm not saying your doctor is wrong, but I noticed you didn't mention whether or not you've tried rebuilding your back.

If you read through the posts here I think you'll find that many of us have tried those medical shortcuts you've mentioned only to wind up disappointed.

Do you really want to live tied to an electronic gadget when with a little effort you could restore your back to a healthy pain free condition?

It may not work for you, but there are many people with bone spurs that don't even know it. They are living totally pain free.

Just something to consider,
Bill
Bill

Return to Lower Back Pain