QUADRATUS LUMBORUM SPASM/PAIN

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

QUADRATUS LUMBORUM SPASM/PAIN

Postby mikehare1 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:52 pm

I recently suffered a small spasm type of feeling running along the side of the base of my spine. This happened after I was stretching - I was stretching two to five times daily prior to this happening. I did my supine hamstring stretches and the alternating cross-legged twists and upon getting up slowly and begingins to stabilize and stand erect my low bakc stiffened pretty dramaticaly. Not really the intense pai like a full erector muscle spasm - but deffinetly a back spasm and a sign I had injured something. I know the difference between soreness and muscle spasm type pain as well as the diff. between structural/nerve pain vs. muscle related pain. This is definitley muscular. How long should I wait before stretching again - i mean even a slight hamstring stretch triggers a re-spasm of this area and i dont know how to healit enough to get it back to a workable state. I left it for three weeks last time and then tried to ease into some stretching adn the first stretching session back it went into spasm again - any suggestions?
mikehare1

Hams

Postby Kevin » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:28 am

Everyone is different and hams take a long time. I had a roto-cuff or somthing in my shoulder which caused be great pain to throw or hit a baseball, and which took ,I am guessing, over a year. But I tried not to over work it and began to stretch my shoulder and now it is gone. So, be patient and good luck.

Kevin
Kevin

Return to Lower Back Pain