I'm going to try it

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

I'm going to try it

Postby David Harless » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:38 am

Hi everybody,

I've had low back pain for 3 or 4 years now. A friend of mine told me about this site and I've been reading some of the articles and the forum posts. Everything you guys are saying makes sense, so I'm going to give rebuilding a try. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Dave
David Harless

Postby Paul » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:18 am

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the group.

Good luck with rebuilding and let us know if we can answer any of your questions.

Paul
Paul

Postby Bill » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:48 am

Hi Dave, welcome to the group.

Will be looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Bill
Bill

Go for it Dave

Postby PeteD » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:42 pm

Go for it Dave!!!

My Boss (A prof who works on spines by chance) Had raging sciatica
and by using principles similar to those prescribed hear is fine now! Runs plays squash etc!!!

You go for it your be fine with a little work!

Let me know how you get on!

Regards

PeteD
PeteD

Update on progress

Postby David Harless » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:29 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I"ve been meaning to check back in and let you know how things have been going. I can't believe it's been 3 months already since I started with Dean's program. Time really flies.

Ok, so here's a rundown of how it went. I did the basic exercises for the first month or so like the book says and that went well. Back pain went away within the first week, but like Dean says, that usually happens regardless of what you do... so I can't say for sure it was the exercises.

However, I can tell you my back always felt tight and achy even when I wasn't flat on my back with a flare up and this was completely gone! I know it was the exercises! I wasn't doing anything else different.

I started adding the advanced exercises during the second month and I've noticed that my back just feels stronger and I'm able to do things that I never would have tried before. (Like last night I picked up my two year old and gave her her first piggyback ride. My wife was all "Be careful you'll hurt your back!" and I was thinking "Well, we'll see."

Today, no pain! My back is fine. Before, if I tried to lift something heavy I would be laid up the next day with a back injury. Not this time. How cool is that?

Needless to say, I'm very sold on this whole "rebuilding thing" and I wish I'd found it sooner.

Dean, if you read this, I can't thank you enough for sharing your ideas both in the book and on this website. And I've got to say, I really appreciate the fact that you're the ONLY person who ever told me the truth about my back! When I get done here, I'm going to be making another donation. It's the least I can do. Thanks, bro.

Also, thanks to all of you who responded to my original message. I confess that I only read your replies just now and I'm a little overwhelmed by the fact that anyone cared. I really didn't expect that.

This is truly an exceptional group of people.

Thanks again,
Dave
David Harless

Postby Bill » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:31 pm

Hey Dave,

Good to hear from you again! Especially good to hear that you're doing so well. I was feeling a little low a few minutes ago and you just made my whole day!

Thanks, I guess that's why I keep coming back to this group.

Keep in touch,
Bill
Bill

Return to Lower Back Pain