My back pain is gone!

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

My back pain is gone!

Postby Donna » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:47 am

Hi gang,

My back pain is gone!!! My back pain is gone!!! My back pain is gone!!!
I was able to go back to work this week and no problems. I'm even able to lift boxes without worrying about hurting my back. I couldn't be happier, thanks for everybodies help.

Love the forum, too!
Donna
Donna

Postby Bill » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:45 pm

Try to hold down the enthusiasm would you please? Some of us are trying to sleep. 8)

Bill
Bill

Postby Trina » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:52 pm

Hi Donna,

Don't pay any attention to Bill, he's such a party pooper.

Glad to hear you're making such great progress. I've been wondering if we'd hear from you again. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Trina
Trina

Postby Bill » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:57 am

Did somebody say, party?
Bill

Your back pain is gone?

Postby anniecp » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:49 pm

Hi. My name is Annie. I bought Dean's book and have been doing the basic exercises for 2 weeks. I do feel like I've progressed quite a bit, but I accidentally (temporary brain freeze) lifted a box 4 days ago, and my lower back hurts again. I seem to have the typical problem, buldging disk L4and5 if that's the correct way to put it. I was diagnosed a year ago August and went thru steroid injection treatments twice. This year it really didn't work well. I am at a loss what to do. I have always been a avid walker and very active. I'm going to really give this book a chance and exercise daily.
I'd like to know how long you were doing exercises before your pain went away. And, can you really lift? Do you still exercise on a daily basis and what regiment do you do?
Thanks and congrats!
anniecp

Postby Trina » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:30 am

Hi Annie,

Welcome to the group. Sorry to hear that you hurt yourself again. But take heart, it too will heal and then you can get back to rebuilding. Whatever you do, don't let a minor setback discourage you. Soon you won't have to worry about things like that anymore and you can get back to really living.

Just take it easy for the first month or so and get your back 100% before you try lifting anything again. Promise?

As far as a daily routine, I do the basic exercises everyday and the advanced alternate days program in the back of the book.

Take care,
Trina
Trina

Thanks

Postby anniecp » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:48 am

Trina:
Thanks for answering me. I'll let you know how the month goes.
annie
anniecp

Postby Caitie » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:03 am

Hey. Thats great! wow i wish i was the same..my docters said im going to have a bad back for the rest of my life:( unlucky ey.
Caitie

Postby Jeanette » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:55 pm

Caitie wrote:Hey. Thats great! wow i wish i was the same..my docters said im going to have a bad back for the rest of my life:( unlucky ey.

Caitie -- That sounds awfully defeatist. Once you get through the worst of the initial acute pain and barring more injury than you've described in your original posts, you should be able to start rebuilding and strengthening your back with the exercises Dean recommends in Rebuild Your Back.

At the age of 14, there's no reason to accept a "bad back" pronouncement sitting down :wink: . I know pain is discouraging, even depressing -- been there, done that :( But, although you may have to go slowly and carefully at first, with a well thought out exercise program like Dean's, you can do a lot to help yourself.

Don't buy into the live-with-it attitude.

And, Donna, congratulations. Those of us still working on the pain part of the problem take heart from your experience. Keep it up! :D
Good luck.
Jeanette

Return to Lower Back Pain