please help my lower back problems I dream to play in nfl

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

please help my lower back problems I dream to play in nfl

Postby DreamNFL » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:52 am

Everyone I am very said at this moment I am a junior in high school and next year i will be a senior. I am a top high school prospect in Florida and have already been offered some D-1 schlorship. I am very said at this moment b/c i have been diagonised with about 3mm herniation in all my lower back. I really need some of your opinions on this and how i can improve my lower back. I was diagonised with stenosis last year and they didnt talk about any herniation and I cant believe its been a year and already i have 3-4mm herniation. How did this happen????????I feel like my dreams will crumble if i dont fix this problem. Please help everyone!!!!!!!!!
DreamNFL

Postby Steven » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:19 pm

Hi Dream,

Welcome to the group. My first suggestion is that you read Dean's articles on herniated discs if you haven't already. You might even want to check out some of the research papers he cites as references for those articles.

I think once you do, you will realize that your herniated disc can heal and that there's no reason to believe that this development should end your football career especially for someone your age.

As long as you continue to follow the exercises and advice in Rebuild Your Back, I have no doubt you will be past this little hurdle and ready for training long before next fall.

Steven
Steven

Postby DreamNFL » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:05 pm

Steven,

Thank you for the reply! I have not read the book but I will order a copy of it and also you were talking about some of the research papers he cites as references for those articles. Where would I find the research papers. Is it in the book? Once again thank you for you reply!
DreamNFL

Postby Michelle » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:52 pm

Hi DreamNFL,

Sometimes you can find the research papers online, especially if Dean provided a link. Otherwise, most are published in medical journals that you can find at most university libraries. Just take the citation with you and ask the librarian.

Good luck with rebuilding,
Michelle
Michelle

Return to Lower Back Pain