pain in lower back and legs and where doctor grafted bone

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

pain in lower back and legs and where doctor grafted bone

Postby steve » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:18 am

[I have had 4 back surgeries, the last 2 were spinal fusion. everything from L1-L5 is fused together. I have tremendous pain in my lower back, legs, and especially in the place on my right hip where my doctor grafted bone for my last 2 surgeries. What can I do to ease the pain. Pain killers do very little to help any :( more. I'm feeling very depressed and sometimes susicidal.WHAT CAN I DO TO GET OUT OF SOME OF THIS PAIN?
steve

Postby randolph » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:38 pm

Hello Steve

I don't have the medical knowledge necessary to offer you ways to relieve the physical pain that you are so regrettably suffering from. And I'm really sorry that I don't, because I wish I had some way to relieve your pain. I'm hoping you receive some good advice from those more knowledgable than I am, but I could not simply sit by silently.

I am not a person of faith, so if you are, I assume you have beliefs that will comfort you during this difficult time. During times of deep depression, when thoughts of suicide seem reasonable, it is life-saving to make new contact with those beliefs that have stood the test of time in your faith and talk with others who share your beliefs. So if you are not doing so now, please reach out for that help - it's there even if it's dark.

If you are not a person of faith, then I will make an appeal to your reason: suicide, motivated by always unreliable emotions like depression, is simply irrational and simply a mistake. Surely, you have memories of the stupid things you've done in the past when stupid emotions overruled your normal rationality. I simply remind you that, in spite of how hard it may be to believe it now, this depression shall also pass. In my own experience, suicide has always been a tragedy for both the victim and loved ones. And I have had more than casual contact with suicide, having lived in Oregon until recently, where suicide is sort-of legal and socially acceptable.

So please hang on. It may be dark now, but it's not irrational to believe the sun will eventually rise again.
randolph

Re: pain in lower back and legs and where doctor grafted bon

Postby Jeanette » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:06 pm

steve wrote: have tremendous pain in my lower back, legs, and especially in the place on my right hip where my doctor grafted bone for my last 2 surgeries. What can I do to ease the pain. Pain killers do very little to help any :( more. I'm feeling very depressed and sometimes susicidal.WHAT CAN I DO TO GET OUT OF SOME OF THIS PAIN?

Steve--Like Randolph, I'm not a medical professional, but if your physician hasn't been able to help alleviate your pain, then perhaps you need to request a referral to someone who specializes in pain relief. I can empathize with your feelings of frustration as I've recently experienced some fairly extensive and extraordinary pain myself and know how depressing it can be.

Given the extent of your surgical procedure and depending on the conditions that led up to it, you may be somewhat limited in what you can accomplish with rebuilding, but if you express the desire and willingness to work toward that end, you should be able to find a physician and/or physical therapist who can help guide you through the process. Share Dean's program with them. Given the extent of your lumbar fusion and the pain in your hip from the bone graft, when you're ready to proceed, you may have to modify the program, but that's the beauty of Dean's regimen. Do what works for you.

Whatever you do, talk to someone about your frustration and suicidal thoughts, someone who can help or refer you to help. Extreme pain can be debilitating and depressing, and it may take more than positive thinking to get through it. Don't let them put you off.

Best wishes.

Jeanette
Jeanette

Postby BarryVictor » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:33 am

Why you don't try to ask recommendation for an expert on how should you take to remove pain on your back and I wish you will get out of this pain.
BarryVictor

Return to Lower Back Pain