Back pain

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Back pain

Postby rachel » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:40 pm

I just was hoping you might have some information regarding what to do if the lower back pain has existed for years, supposedly from a herniated disk.
rachel

Postby Bill » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:16 pm

Hi Rachel,

You shouldn't worry about the fact that you've had back pain for years. Most of us here were in the same boat. I personally had back pain for close to ten years before I discovered this website and Dean got me started rebuilding.

It's been two years now - which makes me one of the "old timers" in this group - and I haven't had another problem with my back since. It's really just common sense. If your back is experiencing pain it's because of a mechanical problem. And that mechanical problem more often than not can be corrected through a good physical therapy / exercise program like Dean teaches in his book. It's the best one I've ever found and I highly recommend it.

As far as the herniated disc is concerned, again you're in good company here. It's a very common problem and many of us have had to deal with them. I suggest you read Dean's articles on the subject. They will give you a good handle on what you need to do.

Hope this helps,
Bill
Bill

Return to Lower Back Pain