Goodbye to the forum

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Goodbye to the forum

Postby jayjoseph » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:36 pm

Hi,
I wanted to say good bye to the forum. A lot of people have read my notes but not many , if any , have left responses. I too am interested in rebuilding my back and have discovered a natural supplement that helps with inflammation. I have also discovered one big factor in back pain that has dramatically decreased my pain. I am now able to do some of Dean's exercise suggestions and with some other ones, I have not had a back flare up or pain in a long time. Finally, thanks to Bill for the suggestions. It is unfortunate that people read the posts without offering any input besides just getting the book. Good luck to any new sufferers in your quest to rebuild your back.
Sincerely John
jayjoseph

Glad to hear your news!

Postby PeteD » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:06 pm

Hello there

Glad to hear your news. You sound like your on the mend! Sorry i havent replied earlier but i have only been a member a week! :lol:

Can i ask what supliments are you taking are they Glucosimine or you found something even more magic!!

If you dont reply but still read this best of luck!

PeteD
PeteD

Sorry to see you go

Postby krd » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:32 am

Sorry to see you leaving. I too found that there was far to little response to my posts. I have been trying to do the stretches and the strengthening, but I have not been very agressive yet. My back has good days and bad days. I hope that it gets better soon. If you have the name of the natural supplement that you are taking, I would appreciate any help. Thanks and good luck.
krd

You stick with it KRD!!!

Postby PeteD » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:42 am

You stick with it Krd!!!!

My take will be the supplements are Glucosamine, condroitin and MSM!

Oh and heaps and heaps of water!

I know for you crazy yanks theres all sort of other extra supplements us limmies cant get hold of!

Whats your condition at moment symptoms etc?! Drop me an email if you like Peterdocker@hotmail.com

Take good care

Pete
PeteD

Postby Bill » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:32 am

Hi Guys,

Good posts. I think we all understand how you feel. One thing to keep in mind is that Dean just created this forum a couple of months ago. So it's still very, very new.

It's normal for you to get a lot of people reading your posts, but most of them will be too shy to post a reply even if they know the answer. Just human nature I'm afraid.

It's a funny thing about forums, the more people that get involved, the more new members that will attract. It's up to those of us "charter members" to welcome new members and be sure and answer their posts if we can.

Another thing to remember is to use proper forum etiquete (sp?). It's never polite to "demand" an answer from someone. Especially if they already gave you an answer in an earlier post. Also, it's generally frowned upon to make multiple postings of the same question.

I am guilty of ignoring joejoseph's posts because of these and similar reasons. I made a casual reply to one of his questions and in a second answer to the same question tried to explain to him that I didn't have anything more to say on the subject, and yet he kept posting to me specifically demanding more info. I mean come on. If you're going to post a question at least read the replies.

Another thing that put me off was that joejoseph (aka John) never bothered to register and become a real member of the group always posting as a guest.

Plus he never answered any one else's posts.

Any one of these by itself is no big deal, but I guess I'm easily annoyed by rude behavior. I don't visit this forum daily and I only post if I feel like it. It's nothing personal and everyone needs to lighten up. The forum will grow and continue to improve if we use it.

The forum will be whatever we as members make it. Be willing to give as well as receive. Be polite and considerate when you post. Offer advice if you can and if you can't, you can still offer encouragement.

Bill
Bill

Postby longtallsally » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:39 pm

Well I certainly hope someone replies to my post! :D

Someone mentioned glucosamine. All I can say is that stuff is a godsend! After a month of it about 5 or so years ago, my daily life of total pain went away. Being tall and playing basketball for a number of years, the little known violence of the sport took its toll on me. I now need total reconstruction of both my ankles, had 2/3 of my lateral minuscus taken out of my right knee, and both shoulders have been sublexed many times. I also recently separated my left shoulder mountain biking. This is in addition to the joys of my back.

Suffice it to say I'm broken.

Nevertheless, I REFUSE to stop being active and will continue to enjoy life at whatever level I can, but also would like someone to suggest a bit more than "buy the book". I am a healthy and active (until my back acts stupid like it is right now) person who would like some real examples of the exercises and such.
longtallsally

Return to Lower Back Pain