Chronic upper shoulder pain for 7 years

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Chronic upper shoulder pain for 7 years

Postby Mattparrishhd » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:23 pm

I have had a chronic upper back/trapezoid pain for 8 years now. I have been thru MRI, CAT scan, therapy, chiropractors, cortazone shots, nerve test, and medicines that only work until I become immune to them. I have recently heard about a separated muscle. Where else can I start and what would be the best doctor to see? I have been to many different doctors that were supposed to be good. I need help. I can massage the pain with the corner of a wall and it feels like knot and the pain will go away for about 5 minutes. My pain is in between my spine and my shoulder blade. Also py older brother started to have the same pain and his went away after getting his laser eye surgery. Could my eye sight be doing this?

I am a healthy male that used to lift weights 5 days a week for four years straight which didn't lessen or worsen the pain.

things I have tried.........
Muscle therapy
Nerve tests
Several different chiropractic sessions throughout the years
MRI
Cat scan
Pills
Cortazone shots
I have never been told a definite reason why.
I am currently being treated for chronic pain cyndrom with sertraline. But am no immune and pain is back worse than ever
Mattparrishhd

Postby sharad_chadha » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:02 am

did the MRI scan not reveal any problems in the cervical spinal discs?
sharad_chadha

Postby Mattparrishhd » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:35 pm

sharad_chadha wrote:did the MRI scan not reveal any problems in the cervical spinal discs?

I guess not, the doctor said he couldnt find anything and ruled it a muscle problem.. Im so lost. Maybe i will see if i can get the mri results and have a second opinion.
Mattparrishhd

Postby sharad_chadha » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Cannot comment on what might be causing your symptoms. If it were cervical discs, I could have shared my experience that it indeed is curable through exercises mentioned here at this site.
sharad_chadha

Return to Lower Back Pain