Back Pain for Several Months

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Back Pain for Several Months

Postby chshurdler » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:40 pm

I am 18 years old and about a year ago I developed back pain while playing basketball. I went to the doctor and I had x-rays done, an MRI, and a bone scan. Nothing showed but the doctor treated it as a stress fracture. I was in a brace for 6 weeks and out for the rest of the season. My 6 weeks was up and I went back for my check-up and my back wasn't any better. So I was referred to the pain management clinic where I went twice to recieve trigger point injection shots. (20 of them at one sitting to be exact) Those helped for about 3 months. Then the pain came back and its been back for several months. I've been to many chiropractic sessions and about 6 weeks of pt. None of that helped.
I can tell its a muscle. Its on the lower left hand side of my back. The muscle sticks out pretty far. There is always a lump there. I have been to many deep muscle massages and all kinds of doctors and nothing seems to help? Anyone have any ideas on what my problem might be or what I can do to relieve the pain?
chshurdler

Postby BarryVictor » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:14 am

I think the best thing that you should do now is to start going to hospital or clinic and do X-ray to check if your back has fracture.
BarryVictor

Return to Lower Back Pain