Monthly ArchiveFebruary 2008
Personal 18 Feb 2008 07:42 pm
1) As soon as you pour yourself a cup of hot coffee, you will be interrupted just long enough for the coffee to grow cold.
2) Any tool that’s dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.
3) When you try to show a repairman that a machine isn’t working, it will.
4) As soon as your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch.
5) If there are only two people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.
6) The moment you become “indisposed” in the bathroom, the phone will ring.
7) If anything goes wrong, YOU will be blamed.
Personal 09 Feb 2008 12:16 am
Finally decided to haul in the big guns…
Maybe now we’ll get something done.
I better go see how she’s doing,
Photo credits: I Can Has Cheezburger
Personal 06 Feb 2008 05:20 pm
This just in…
A recent study out of Japan shows that men have a higher level of brain activity than women.
What the report failed to explain is that men are thinking about doing something stupid.
On another note…
Today’s trash day here in Ozark and I’m seriously thinking about hauling these computers out to the curb.
Spent yesterday trying to fix another network-related problem. One I’ve been putting up with for months. Should’ve just left it alone because I ended up wasting the whole day (that’s right, the whole day…. again.) working on this problem and it’s not fixed.
Didn’t even put a dent in it.
Started about 8:00 am in the morning and kept hammering on it until about 11:00 pm when I finally gave up and went to bed.
I won’t bore you with the play-by-play, but it has to do with file sharing. I thought the problem would go away once I rebuilt “The Lock-up King,” but its problems apparently had nothing to do with this problem.
For what it’s worth, the entire network checks out perfectly with every diagnostic tool I’ve tried. It’s set-up by the book. I’ve even searched the Internet for anything that might shed some light on this dilemma, but came up empty handed.
I’ve checked and double-checked everything, reloaded all the software and run the Network Set-up Wizard on each machine but some of them still refuse to play nice with the others.
I know it’s going to turn out to be something simple, but in the mean time, it’s not helping my usual sunny disposition.
Good new is…
1) The computer I’ve dubbed “Lock-up King,” isn’t locking up anymore.
2) All my important files have been transferred onto the rebuilt machine.
3) My new printer works fine after moving it to a different computer. (No more 10-minute delays.)
4) I’ve managed to persuade Billy Bob that the doghouse doesn’t need high-speed Internet. (Fang’s been getting by just fine with dial-up. Why spoil the mutt?)
Anyway, I think I’m going to suspend “Operation Computer Mania” for the time being and try to get back to working on other projects and improvements. Everything isn’t quite up to snuff yet, but I don’t think I can take much more of this fun and excitement.
On a side-note: Billy Bob and Cousin Goober are available for “fixin’ n ‘justin’” your computer problems. Just call BR549 or see their website at www (dot) its.busted (dot) com.